New trends and trends appear almost constantly in interior design, but floral motifs are still very popular because of flower peel and stick wallpaper. Even in a small store of decorative materials, the choice of wallpaper with a floral print is so great that it is very difficult to make the right choice. In this matter, it is important to understand what effect you expect to achieve.
Important rules of use
If you want to achieve a harmonious interior, then when designing it, you should take into account some rules.
- The size of the picture is selected depending on the area of the room. If in a small room you will use wallpaper with very large flowers, then it will look completely inappropriate, it is much better to choose smaller flowers.
For small spaces, a print with small flowers is appropriate
- It’s important to keep a balance between the simple things in the room and the accent. In the event that you choose wall paper with a floral pattern of catchy colors, then the rest of the interior details should be kept in a calmer scale, without attracting attention to yourself. In the event that you have chosen some bright accessories, textiles or even original and bright furniture as an accent, then the wallpaper is selected more neutral.
Floral wallpaper in accent role
- Consider the overall style of the interior. If the modern style, which manifests itself in furniture and decor, is closer to you, then you can safely choose wallpaper with a bright and large floral print. Small prints on a light background are more suitable for country style.
- Observe the color balance not only in the interior, but also on the wallpaper. It is important for you to learn to feel the line between a spectacular and attractive combination and complete bad taste.
Floral wallpaper in a modern interior
Feel free to combine floral prints with other finishing materials. For example, one of the walls can be covered with wallpaper with a large and bright floral pattern, while the rest will be painted in the same tone, or decorative plaster will be used for them, or wall decoration with laminate, etc. If you also choose wallpaper for other walls, then the pattern on them should not be out of balance with the floral motifs.
So, to summarize, the following can be noted:
- In the case of using a bright pattern, furniture of calmer and neutral shades is selected.
- If the room is small, then the print should also be small. If it is large, a larger drawing is allowed.
- For a rustic look, choose wallpaper with a small and light floral pattern. For the modern – voluminous and bright prints.
- When choosing floral wallpaper for the interior, first of all, take into account the area of the room, the degree of natural and amount of artificial lighting, the finishing of other surfaces, the style of the room and the furniture used.
- If you use canvases of light shades with small-sized flower arrangements, then against the general background they will be able to create a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere, but at the same time they will enliven the space.